Thursday, January 22, 2009

Don't Just Do It....FEEL IT

Don't Just Do It... Feel It!
That's my motto these days. What I've been coming to realize is this, I was doing many things in my life, but I wasn't “feeling them”. I can't tell you the exact moment I actually started feeling, but it was around 4 years ago. Once you unlock your feelings, there's really no stopping them. When that proverbial Pandora's box opens, you can't close it. Some try, but I'm not here to talk about those people. I was one of those people. I'm here to talk about me. Feelings aren't good all the time. Sometimes feeling the feeling hurts like heck.
You see, there's good news and bad news about to unlock the door of happiness. Bad news is…there isn't a key. Good news? The door isn't locked! Just open it, folks. Once you've opened it, you really need to start walking through it. Keep on walking to wherever the path leads you. Continually going toward what feels better, whether geographically, with our work or passions, or with individuals, is a good and true guide. We need to be still, sit still, be in the now, and allow that where we are is truly heaven on earth. Heaven is in the stillness. Moving from an ego or intellect and analytical mind, takes us away from heaven. Living in pure simplicity and acceptance moves us forward.
I am not here to tell you what to do. I'm here to share with you just a little of what happened to me and where I am now. Take whatever resonates with you. Absorb it. Digest it. Eliminate what doesn't work for you and assimilate what does (notice how I can turn any conversation into one about food?).
Long story short……here goes…
Around 13 years ago, I started my journey with yoga. I can still hear my therapist's voice, “You should try yoga”. If I believed in regrets, I would have only one… I wish I had kept a journal my whole life. If I could give you one piece of advice that you would actually follow(because, really, each person has their own path to follow), that advice would be to journal every day.
In 1986, my parents moved to California to work at Optimum Health Institute(see their journey). That was when my journey with wheatgrass started. I was 25. I took in whatever my father talked about. From tachyon beads to Chinese healing lamps. He was on the cutting edge of new age healing back then (He still is. Now it's the hyperbaric chamber). I didn't follow any program. I had days when I could drink wheatgrass juice and other days when I just couldn't even look at it. I was still eating the standard American diet. When I decided to get pregnant(1990), I switched to a vegetarian diet. I started yoga after my marriage ended in 1993. I began to teach yoga in 2001. When I started to face some physical challenges about 3 years ago, I started to rethink my type A personality. I tried everything from acupuncture to x-rays. It got better for a bit, but I eventually would end up back at square one.
Brian Clement, the director at Hippocrates Health Institute(my parents and brother were now working there), stopped off in Vermont on one of his speaking tours. I thought about everything he said, but I never experienced it, never felt it. Two years later, September 2006, he makes another trip to Vermont. Ok, now I got it. The next day I started a raw, living food lifestyle. I immediately felt better. Ok, I thought, there's got to be something to this. In the winter of 2007, I watched The Secret, as so many of us have. I realized I'd been living with the power of intention my whole life. I owned two very successful businesses, had a great daughter and wonderful friends. But that's not everything if you are not happy inside. I'm learning more every day how to do that.
In February of 2007, I visited my brother(Michael is the master wheatgrass grower at Hippocrates) in Florida. I'd been thinking about starting a business with wheatgrass for over 10 years. After talking with him and my parents a little more, the idea was hatched. So here we are in the present. I sold my yoga studio to pay full attention to my new baby, Whole Life Greens. My friend of 20 years became my business partner(we both have known we would be working together one day). I've been eating a high raw diet for over a year and feel the best I've ever felt emotionally and physically. This is the best time of my life.
Certainly, there is a lot more to this story. Feel free to email me with any questions you have. I wish you the best in your journey. Remember, don't just do what I do, feel it for yourself. The internet has put in front of us a wealth of knowledge. What resonates with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment